Information of Request for Distribution
Prepayment of distribution fees (overseas organizations only)
- The RIKEN BioResource Center (BRC) is a non-profit institution funded by the Japanese Government. We have been engaging in collection, preservation and distribution of bioresources, with the aim to support research and development in the field of life sciences. We provide bioresources to scientists not only in Japan but also throughout the world with minimum fees that is solely reimburse for preparation and handling costs of the requested bioresources. To continue the smooth distribution of bioresources for overseas organizations, it has become necessary to send bioresources prepaid.
- We sincerely hope that this change will not cause any inconvenience our users. We very much appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and are looking forward to receiving your requests for our bioresources.
- The prepayment of distribution fees for overseas organizations will apply to all orders for bioresources from Monday December 7, 2015 (Japan standard time).
- For each unit price, please see the following website [Fee and Payment].
The resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and China
How to order
Find the genetic materials you need in [Search and Browse].
You can also get to catalog pages from KEGG (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes) and PubMed.
Search Clones through KEGG
Links to BioResources utilizing PubMed
We updated MATERIAL TRANSFER AGREEMENT (April 1st, 2020).
Retrieve order forms and MTA, complete forms and send them to us. Forms can be obtained from catalog page of individual clone or [Order Forms] site.
Don’t put your card informaton in the form.
You can send a PDF copy of scanned image of the ink-signed MTA by email.
Gene Engineering Division, RIKEN BioResource Center
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074 Japan
After your order is received, we will contact you via email. We request you to review the QC test results available on the data sheet as well as to confirm names and catalog numbers of the genetic materials.
The RECIPIENT should prepay the distribution fees before DNA resources to be shipped are prepared. We send you an invoice and the payment instruction to the billing address in your order form via email. See Payment instructions here.
Please inform us your completion of the payment.
When your payment is confirmed by our office, we will set up the shipping schedule. You need obtain an import permit/license prior to shipping, if required.
Example of shipping form
- Plamids and cosmid DNA:
Shipped as 1 microg of DNA in TE buffer (ca. 25 ng/microL) in a tube at ambient temperature.
- BAC and host bacteria:
Shipped as bacterial stab culture at ambient temperature.
- Genomic DNA:
Shipped as lyophilized DNA or solution on your request.
|Plastic vial||Serum tube||Multi-well plate|
- Safety data sheet, plasmid DNA
- Safety data sheet, microorganisms genomic DNA
- Safety data sheet, mouse genomic DNA
If you have any questions, please contact us.
|The DNA Bank, RIKEN BioResource Research Center (BRC),
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan
Special Distribution Information to Residents of the Foreign Countries
Resident of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- The users are required to submit the document, Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR with your signature.
- You will find detailed information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website:
Data protection | European Commission
Resident of China
- The users must have import approval by the Chinese government to import Bacteria host strains and BAC clones into China. Please contact us so that we provide a brief procedure written in Chinese.
- Please contact “Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau” and obtain required documents so that we can transfer the bacteria.
- Plasmids don’t require such the permission.
Import permission and supporting documentation
Our Center is not liable for any accident that occurs during shipping. Please select a carrier and make necessary arrangements on your own responsibility. For overseas shipment, the users are responsible for customs clearance including preparation of necessary documents and for prompt payment of any applicable duties and taxex assessed by their country’s customs agent.