Your deposition of genetic resources to RIKEN BRC Gene Engineering Division is most appreciated.
- Deposition of genetic materials for the RIKEN BioResource Research Center frees researchers from time consuming preparation and distribution of materials to fellow researchers. Furthermore, deposition increases chance of collaboration and citation of research papers.
- The Gene Engineering Division provides domestic and international scientific community with geneitc materials of the highest quality. Quality control is conducted by confirming growth and propagation, restriction enzyme mapping and nucleotide sequencing of clones. Associated information such characteristics and methodologies is provided via the web site.
To deposit a plasmid in the RIKEN BRC, please contact a customer service representative by e-mail (email@example.com).
How to make a deposit
- If you have a plasmid to deposit, please prepare two originals of the Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) for Deposition bearing the signatures of the authorized representative of your organization and an appropriate researcher. You are also requested to complete the Data Sheets indicated below, which serves as detailed documentation of your plasmid.
- The depositors are responsible for the authenticity of the plasmid deposited to the RIKEN BRC. Documentation provided by depositors should contain sufficient detail on the plasmid, including growth condition, recommended host strain, restriction map and nucleotide sequence. Please send the MTA and Data Sheet to the following address:
Gene Engineering Division RIKEN BioResource Research Center
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan
- Depositors may set forth specific terms and conditions associated with use of the Biological Resource. As a public biological resource bank, the RIKEN BRC requests that Depositors deposit their strains with minimum restrictions.
- In publishing the research results to be obtained by use of the BIOLOGICAL RESOURCE, an acknowledgment to the DEPOSITOR is requested.
- In publishing the research results obtained by use of the BIOLOGICAL RESOURCE, a citation of the following literature(s) designated by the DEPOSITOR is requested.
- The availability of the BIOLOGICAL RESOURCE is limited to a RECIPIENT of a not-for profit organization for a not-for-profit research.
- Prior to requesting the BIOLOGICAL RESOURCE, the RECIPIENT must obtain approval from the DEPOSITOR using the Approval Form.
- For use of the BIOLOGICAL RESOURCE by a for-profit organization, the RECIPIENT must reach agreement on terms and conditions of use of it with DEPOSITOR and must obtain a prior written consent from the DEPOSITOR.
- RECIPIENT must contact the DEPOSITOR in the case of application for any patents or commercial use based on the results from the use of the BIOLOGICAL RESOURCE.
- Upon receiving the MTA and Data Sheet, the RIKEN BRC will contact you to arrange transportation of the plasmid. The cost of shipping will be covered by the RIKEN BRC.
- After preservation of your plasmids, the RIKEN BRC will inform you that the process of your deposition is complete. Your plasmids will be on our website, and readily available to the scientific community on request.
- Depositors will be assigned a credit that can be used to order plasmids from the RIKEN BRC.
Personal data protection policy for protection of personal data at RIKEN BioResource Research Center, please reffer Personal data protection policy.