Please read the terms below. You are deemed to accept them when placing your order.
1. Possible cases for compensation and report deadline
|Cases for compensation
|Report deadline (after the shipping date)
|(1) Resource undelivered, frozen resource thawed on arrival, damaged container, etc.
|within 14 days
|(2) Unable to culture with the designated host and medium, unable to recover from the frozen resource, etc.
|within 30 days
|(3) Unable to confirm the properties of the resource described in the catalog, etc.
|within 3 months
- If you experience such a case as stated above, please send a written notification or email to the Gene Engineering Division (email@example.com) by each deadline. We will take necessary action immediately.
2. Conditions and limitations for compensation
- If you report us a case of (1), (2) or (3) before the designated deadline, we will replace the resource you order with the same or alternative resource one time only free of charge, issue credit (the right to request the same or an equivalent resource whenever necessary in future, if no resource is needed at the moment) or refund. Refund will not exceed the distribution fee. Overseas users will be charged for shipping cost for replacement. We do not compensate in case of failure or damage caused by the users.
3. Cancellation fee
- Upon receiving order from a user, we will start preparing the requested resource by required processes including bacteria culture. These preparations are very costly. When a user cancel the order as a matter of user’s convenience, the user will be charged for the costs we spend on preparation up until cancellation is notified (up to 100% of distribution fee). When cancellation is notified after the BRC sends out the resource, 100% of distribution fee plus shipping cost will be charged to the user.
4. Accident during shipment
- Our Center is not liable for any accident that occurs during shipping. Please select a carrier and make necessary arrangements on your own responsibility. For overseas shipment, the users are responsible for customs clearance including preparation of necessary documents.
5. Information release on resources with quality defect
- Whenever we note a quality defect in our resource, we will announce it through our website. We will also individually contact the users who received such a resource in the last 3 years.