Bacteria and archaeans are cultured in the RIKEN BRC-JCM and their DNA are prepared in the Gene Engineering Division. High molecular weight DNA is prepared by phenol-chloroform extraction.
The authenticity of microbial genomic DNAs for the distribution are confirmed by PCR amplification of 16S rRNA gene and nucleotide sequencing of the amplified products. However, these tests do not exclude contamination of any other species. Please be aware that the genomic DNA send from us may not necessarily fit for your specific research purpose.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Attention International Transfer – “Veterinary Permission” and/or “Permit to Import Quarantine Material” may be required for shipment of the biological materials. Please follow guide lines in your country.
Forms for Distribution
|Form A||Order Form
Please specify strain names with JGD numbers (catalog number). List of genomic DNA
|Form C||Material Transfer Agreement
In the the Section 2(a), please write your purpose of use of clone in 10 to 20 words.
Please put the terms and condisions (Section 4) that is indicated in the individual data sheet of the genomic DNA.
Please complete the form with your shipping information including your account number of an international courier
(FedEx. World Courier, TNT Express, DHL Global Forwarding and others).
See detail in Information of Request for Distribution
The resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and China, please read Special distribution Information to Residents of the Foreign Countries
|For Credit Card Payment. (Visa or Master Card only)
|For bank transfer or check payment.
|Material Transfer Agreement (Category I MTA) [Word]|
For the use of our bioresource in research for not-for-profit academic purpose by a non-profit organization.
|Material Transfer Agreement (Category II MTA) [Word]
For the use of our bioresource in research for the following cases:
Please visit Information of Request for Distribution and Fee and Payment for further information.
For more information contact:
|The DNA Bank, RIKEN BioResource Research Center,
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan
The availability of some DNAs is limited. All requests for these DNAs will be given due consideration, but we cannot assure availability.
Reconstitution of DNA
- In the case you received plastic vials contains precipitated DNA with ethanol.
- A precipitant might stick to the lid or wall during transportation.
- Before opening the tube, please spin down a minute or two at 5,000 g (~7,000 rpm, table top microfuge).
- Please remove ethanol with pipet (DO NOT tooch precipitate!)
- Immediately after removal of ethanol resuspend the DNA in an appropriate amount of TE buffer (10 mM Tris-Cl, pH 7.5, 1 mM EDTA), and dissolve the DNA pellet by gently tapping with fingers (DO NOT shake vigorously! A little amount of ethanol won’t affect to many applications).
- If the DNA is difficult to solve, leave the vial at 4 degreeC overnight to allow the DNA to dissolve.
- Once reconstituted in TE buffer, the DNA should be stored at -30 degreeC.
- Please refer Genomic DNA Information for further information.
(GRP0005e 2017.06.30 T.M.)